Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cafe 37 Degrees

Sometimes I feel hungry but not really want to have dinner, I would go to a cafe to have some bubble tea or some nice desserts. I've been to "37 Degrees" a lot of times when that kind of situation happens. This cafe is somehow small, but it has great food and drinks, even though it's not as sanitary as I wished, it's a small little spot that opens super late with tons of people...

They have a variety of desserts on their menu, and the containers of desserts are cute. In terms of the shaved ice, it was quite typical. They weren't particularly generous with the toppings but it just tastes good. I like the original flavored ice, which is actually milk flavored, and it's very much like the milk flavored popsicles from Asia (i.e. almost coconutty). It's not plain ice or condensed milk flavored like Class 302 down in Roland Heights (So Cal). Since the ice was shaved in sheets, it was also quite thick, and the condensed milk would sit on certain parts of the ice without being absorbed. This made the ice sweet in mouthfuls.
If you come starving, they also have some combo plates or noodles. Chicken wings and skewers are also good but maybe a little expensive compare to KFC next door..

You can also order some waffle for the following morning. Plenty of fruit as advertised. 
The only bad thing is the service is bad, and the waitress barely speaks English (if you can't speak Chinese). But I still go there a lot. I wouldn't say I crave this sorta thing, but when you tell me there's cold tofu with mixed fruit, or a big bowl of "snow ice" with toppings, of course I'll join you!
1155 Taraval St
(between 21st Ave & 22nd Ave) 
San FranciscoCA 94116

Also it's cash only, so prepare some cash before you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment